Cerumol is used to soften and help remove ear wax. Cerumol Ear Drops contains arachis oil to help lubricate the ear wax and chlorobutanol, an antibacterial agent, which also helps to loosen the wax.
Take special care with Cerumol Ear Drops:
• Do not use for more than three days without talking to your doctor.
• Do not swallow the ear drops.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
There are no known effects on driving and using machines, but an ear wax plug may cause temporary deafness.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use in a sore or inflamed ear canal, dermatitis or eczema of the outer ear, or a perforated eardrum.
Cerumol contains Arachis Oil (Peanut Oil). If you are allergic to peanut oil or soya do not use Cerumol.
Do not use the medicine if you or your child have:
• An allergy to any of the ingredients listed in section 6 including peanut oil or soya.
• A sore or inflamed ear canal.
• Dermatitis or eczema on the outer ear.
• A perforated ear drum.